Everybody sits down. I often wondered why people sit down at meetings. 'We've got to sit down and discuss this!', you hear often. What's wrong with 'stand up and discuss this' or 'take a stroll and discuss this'? One reason or another you always end up sitting at a big table. There was a time when at the far end of the table there was a chair bigger than all the others. It's many years now that I don't see that. Now the CEO sits not at the head of the table but often on the side. It's probably a tactic. Personally I preferred the days when the CEO was sitting on the throne. That way it was easier to aim at him.
Somebody's being mum. The choice is coffee or tea. Sugar. Milk. You would expect it that after more of a decade of starbuck you could ask for a large soya latte single shot with cinnamon when you're about to start such an important meeting. Stoicism reigns when it comes to meeting room drinks. I accept a coffee with milk no sugar thank you and start sipping it preciously although I know that the milk will inevitably make me run to the toilet in 90 minutes. Nothing wrong with flushing it all out once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment